PhD & postdoctoral studies
Admission to full time learning
(Places financed from the state budget, and places requiring a tuition fee)
Candidates for doctoral studies in communication sciences have to participate to an admission colloquium (see below). They should have completed a long-term university program - i.e. they should have a bachelor's (BA) and a master's (MA/MS) degree diploma / advanced studies (promotions prior to 2003 do not have the obligation to submit master's degree diploma). Citizens of other countries can apply for admission to doctoral studies in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research. Candidates who have studied abroad will present at registration a certified translation of the diploma obtained, and the documents certifying it issued by the National Council for Attesting Titles, Diplomas, and Certificates of the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research.
Conditions of registration
The registration file must include:
- Standard registration form (the candidate should mention her/his preference for a doctoral supervisor);
- Curriculum vitae;
- List of scientific works written and/or published by the candidate;
- Research project proposal (minimum 10 pages). The proposal should be compatible with the research interests of the doctoral supervisor mentioned in the registration form, and it should include a justification of the importance of the envisaged research project;
- Comprehensive bibliographic list covering the area of the research proposal; the colloquium will be informed by these readings;
- A chapter (with related notes and bibliography) from the candidate's BA or MA theses, or a published paper;
- A certificate of proficiency in a foreign language, issued by the Department of Foreign Languages, College of Communication and Public Relations, NUPSPA. Candidates who have completed a single or a double specialization of an accredited faculty, in the title of which a foreign language is mentioned, or who have a DALF, TOEFL, or other recognized international certificates are excepted. Candidates who do not have such a certificate will have to take an eliminatory linguistic competence test.
- Certified copy of the candidate's birth certificate;
- Certified copy of the marriage certificate / name change, if applicable;
- Certified copy of baccalaureate diploma or an equivalent document;
- Certified copy of bachelor’s degree (BA) diploma and academic transcript;
- Certified copy of the master's degree (MA/MS) diploma or an equivalent document and academic transcript (for master graduates from the current academic year, graduation certificate and academic transcript in original);
- Receipt of payment of registration fee.
More information at: http://doctorat.snspa.ro/admitere/
The admission exam
The admission exam at doctoral studies in communication sciences consists of:
- examination of linguistic proficiency in English or French;
- colloquium based on the research project proposed by the candidate, on her/his CV, and the paper submitted with the registration form (see above - chapter with related notes and bibliography of BA or MA thesis, or published paper.
- Prof. Alina Bârgăoanu, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Diana Cismaru, PhD (email@example.com)
- Prof. Nicoleta Corbu, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Paul Dobrescu, PhD (email@example.com)
- Prof. Grigore Georgiu, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Constantin Schifirneţ, PhD (email@example.com)
- Prof. Tudor Vlad, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Research topics specific to each supervisor can be viewed at: http://doctorat.snspa.ro/domenii/stiinte-ale-comunicarii/sc-curricula/
Applicants are encouraged to contact a doctoral supervisor prior to applying in order to develop their research projects.
The current value of the fees for the academic year 2017-2018 will be published on the website www.comunicare.ro after the Senate of NUPSPA will set the amount of all fees.
More information about the Doctoral School of NUPSPA: http://doctorat.snspa.ro/